This supplement prevents adult horn fly emergence from the manure of treated cattle.
Feed this product to cattle only.
#5 also comes in a Clarifly formula.
When used as directed, Vitalix No. 5 IGR Fly Tub will provide sufficient (S)-methoprene insect growth regulator to prevent the emergence of adult horn flies from manure of treated cattle. Existing adult horn flies will not be affected. Start feeding before horn flies appear and continue use until cold weather marks the end of the horn fly season. Allow free choice to cattle.
Cattle should consume an average of 0.8 ounces of Vitalix No. 5 IGR Fly Tub per 100 lbs. of cattle body weight per day, which is equivalent to 8 ounces per day for a 1,000-pound cow.
1. Assure cattle are not starved for nutrients prior to feeding Vitalix No. 5 IGR Fly Tub.
2. This product contains added copper. Do not feed to cattle in close proximity to sheep or other livestock that have a low tolerance to supplemental copper.
3. Offer cattle 1 Vitalix No. 5 IGR Fly Tub for every 15 to 25 head of cattle.
4. Remove any other self-limiting nutritional supplements while the cattle are consuming this product.
5. Place Vitalix No. 5 IGR Fly Tubs where cattle congregate (watering, loafing, shade areas).
6. Replenish Vitalix No. 5 IGR Fly Tub on a regular basis as needed.
7. If the intake of Vitalix No. 5 IGR Fly Tub is below 0.8 ounces per 100 pounds cattle body weight per day, increase the number of feeding locations and/or change location(s) to areas more frequented by cattle.
8. If intake of Vitalix No. 5 “IGR” Fly Tub is above 0.8 ounces per 100 pounds cattle body weight per day, reduce the number of feeding locations and/or change location(s) to areas less frequented by cattle.
9. Introduction of this product after adult horn fly infestation is established will require treatment of cattle with adulticides if elimination of the adult fly population is desired.
Warning: Contains copper. Do not feed to sheep due to possible copper toxicity.
Does not contain any restricted animal protein.
ALTOSID® Insect Growth Regulator is a registered trademark of Wellmark International.