This product prevents the emergence of house flies, horn flies, face flies, and stable flies from manure of treated cattle.
You can read about how ClariFly works HERE.
#5 also comes in an IGR formula.
When used as directed, Vitalix #5 ClariFly Tub will provide sufficient Diflubenzuron to prevent the development of fly larvae from manure of treated cattle. Existing adult flies will not be affected. Start feeding this product early in the spring before flies begin to appear and continue feeding throughout the summer and into the fall until cold weather restricts fly activity. Allow free choice to cattle.
Cattle should consume an average of 1.6 ounces of this product per 100 lbs. of animal body weight per day, which is equivalent to 16 ounces per day for a 1,000-pound cow.
1. Assure cattle are not starved for nutrients prior to feeding this product.
2. This product contains added copper. Do not feed to sheep and other livestock that have a low tolerance to supplemental copper. Do not use in association with feeds containing supplemental selenium.
3. Offer cattle one Vitalix #5 ClariFly Tub for every 15-25 head.
4. Remove any other self-limiting nutritional supplements.
5. Locate this product where cattle congregate (watering, loafing, shade areas).
6. Replenish this product on a regular basis as needed.
7. If intake of this product is below 1.6 ounces per 100 pounds animal body weight per day for cattle, increase the number of feeding locations and/or change location(s) to areas more frequented by cattle.
8. If intake of this product is above 1.6 ounces per 100 pounds animal body weight per day for cattle, reduce the number of feeding locations and/or change location(s) to areas less frequented by cattle.
Introduction of this product after adult fly infestation is established may require treatment of cattle with supplemental sprays to reduce the adult fly population coming from outside sources.
Warning: Contains copper. Do not feed to sheep due to possible copper toxicity.
Does not contain any restricted animal protein.