Mineral supplement for all classes of Beef and Dairy cattle (lactating and non-lactating) on pasture.
Prevents adult horn fly emergence from the manure of treated cattle.
Feed this product to cattle only.
When used as directed, #11 Mineralix Fly Tub with IGR will provide sufficient (S)-methoprene insect growth regulator to prevent the emergence of adult horn flies from manure of treated cattle. Existing adult horn flies will not be affected.
Start feeding before horn flies appear and continue use until cold weather marks the end of the horn fly season. Allow free choice to cattle.
Cattle should consume an average of 0.4 ounces of #11 Mineralix Fly Tub with IGR per 100 lbs. of cattle body weight per day, which is equivalent to 4 ounces per day for a 1,000-pound cow.
- Assure cattle are not starved for nutrients in this product by providing them prior to feeding #11 Mineralix Fly Tub with IGR.
- Offer cattle one #11 Mineralix Fly Tub with IGR for every 15 to 25 head of cattle.
- Remove all other self-limiting nutritional supplements while the cattle are consuming this product.
- Locate #11 Mineralix Fly Tub with IGR where cattle congregate (watering, loafing, shade areas).
- Replenish #11 Mineralix Fly Tub with IGR on a regular basis as needed.
- If intake of #11 Mineralix Fly Tub with IGR is below 4 ounces per 100 pounds cattle body weight per day, increase the number of feeding locations and/or change location(s) to areas more frequented by cattle.
- If intake of #11 Mineralix Fly Tub with IGR is above 4 ounces per 100 pounds cattle body weight per day, reduce the number of feeding locations and/or change location(s) to areas less frequented by cattle.
- Introduction of this product after adult horn fly infestation is established will require treatment of cattle with adulticides if elimination of the adult fly population is desired.
Warning: Contains copper. Do not feed to sheep or goats due to possible copper toxicity.